I am happily employed with Starburst Creative. However, I'm always interested in discussing your project, or company, over a coffee! Always happy to meet passionate developers and entrepreneurs.
As for recruitment agencies, thank you for considering me but I am not interested in any opportunities you have to offer.
I’m a strong front and backend developer with ~8 years of experience building websites and web apps of all size and configuration for a variety of local, national and international clients. I am 27, live in Edmonton, AB, Canada with my girlfriend, enjoy video games and LOVE hockey in all it’s wonderful forms.
Skills & Interests
- Ruby / Rails
- PHP (numerous frameworks)
- MySQL (database design, implementation, optimization)
- HTML/CSS (SASS, Less, etc)
- Dabbling with Swift, Java (Android)
- Build/debug systems (make, rake, custom ruby implementations)
- APIs I’m most familiar with
- Google (Maps, Places, others)
- D2L Valence
- EBSCO EDS
- Twitter (1.0)
- BigCommerce (v2, v3)
- I enjoy mentoring programmers of any skill level
- I love helping people build projects they are passionate about
- Mountain biking in the summer, ice/street hockey all year
Quite simply, I just want to work on something I can be passionate about. A product, or project, where I’m able to take ownership of something and take it all the way through planning to execution.
I’m currently learning the iOS/MacOS SDKs and have built some prototypes for my employer, Starburst Creative.
I’m very interested in mobile app (iOS, Android specifically) development and am taking steps to learn more about the languages, frameworks and development environments used in the production of those apps. I have a solid handle on how websites of all shapes and sizes are built, but I’d like to learn more about the mobile/app world.
As a senior developer I am interested in building my leadership, mentorship and project management skills to better serve the teams I work with.
- Starburst Creative
- Developer, Feb 2016 - Present
- Agencies work with a wide variety of clients, so there’s a similar scope for the kind of work we are asked to do. This includes developing and implementing devops tools and procedures tailored for the agency environment, building websites using Wordpress (grunt/SASS/Foundation), building native apps for iOS (as well as tvOS/watchOS), Linux server administration, and much more.
- I also contribute to our new business efforts by helping with proposal writing from time to time, drafting up technical documentation and training materials, and building presentations for internal learning sessions.
- Software Developer, Nov 2014 - Oct 2015
- Free Advertising
- Digital Developer, Nov 2013 - Nov 2014
- Mainly built Wordpress websites for a wide range of businesses and indistries. Also performed basic IT functions such as user and server administration.